CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Highs and Lows!

I have had a few fabulous mornings in a row. I have been able to exercise and spend time in my personal worship. My previous post expressed some of the HIGHness I have had, but when I have felt so great I have a long distance to "fall". Day one, I left the house ready to take on the world. After arriving at work, I succumbed to a bad attitude infection that several educators suffer from (eye rolling, sarcasm, etc.). Day two, tried again to keep my high while at work, again I "fell" to the educator's frustrationitis. On day two, I finally realized that I was being affected by my surroundings and not standing on my sure and happy foundation from the morning. Day three, today I was trying to resist again and I did a little better at school, but I JUST YELLED AT MY KIDS!

Come on Lorie! I am so prideful and yet completely unable to stand on my own. The other day I had a fabulous experience with a 5th grade class and their teacher. I felt so blessed to witness God's love in a simple act at school. I started feeling really good about myself. I had come up with this great idea and I was forming good relationships. I even impacted a teacher that has lost a bit of "vision" in his calling as an educator. Wow! I was impressed with myself. Then I realized that I was taking the glory for the miracle.

"Don't be prideful Lorie. This was God's work."

Whew! For a second I thought I was really heading toward a "fall". I felt so relieved that I had let go of the glory and left it at God's throne...but, then I was feeling so good about myself that I had heard the spirit and followed it. Good for me! I am in tune! I am SO in touch with the spirit that I can make miracles happen.

"ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!"

What is wrong with me? I am so glad that I have a better understanding of Grace than I did years ago. I know my Lord and SAVIOR is right beside me helping me along despite my stupidity and prideful heart. If I didn't have this knowledge I would truly be depressed. Since I do know my God, I am just thankful for His sense of humor and patience with me. Hallelujah!

P.S. God, if you need me for any more miracles just get a hold of my people and I will try and work it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment